It seems I’ve been doing so many craft and review posts that I’ve hardly had a chance to say “Hello!”
Don’t get me wrong I love showing you what I’ve been making and sharing cool products with you but I know the real reason you read my blog is to listen to me and ramble on about all the mundane details of my life, right? So I thought it was about time I filled you in on the haps around here:
- It’s been a bit of a sick house round here. For the last 2 weeks my husband’s had the man flu and had it bad! And for most of this week Noah and Isabelle have had conjunctivitis. This has made me realise 2 things – 1) How grateful I am that I had the flu jab while pregnant with Pipi (giving the both of us immunity); 2) That it is extremely difficult to get eye drops in little kids’ eyes.
- We’re in the throws of toilet training (Isabelle that is) – she showed some consistent early success, but there’s been more misses than hits these last couple of days (perhaps this is due to being a bit unwell.)
- Noah wrote his own name – well it was more of a ‘Noab’ – see photo below. I painted each letter with water and a paint brush and he traced it with chalk, but it really boosted his confidence.
- My 3 favourite TV programs at the moment are: Call the Midwife, America’s Cup footage and the Block NZ – not necessarily in that order. Such a weird collection of shows.
- We saw our Plunket nurse the other day and she remarked at how strong Pipi is – she’s forever trying to pull herself up into sitting position. I know they always say these sort of things to encourage Mums, but my heart swelled with pride.
- I can’t stop making and eating this stuff – I think my ‘food baby’ will start ‘showing’ soon.
- My in-laws, Mum and her husband and Dad and my step Mum all pitched in and bought our kids a super duper awesome trampoline for Christmas, taking advantage of a great special. It arrived in boxes today and is safely hidden in the garage. Now to keep it that way ‘til Christmas.
- Stella has a really awesome giveaway on her blog at the moment – go check it out! Although I realllly want to win!
And now for some photos by Noah. (He runs off with my camera any chance he gets!) …
What is happening at your house?