This review is a little different than the rest in this series, because instead of being sent this hat and scarf set by Merino Kids, Pipi actually won it in the OH Baby, Baby of the Day competition. However I asked Merino Kids if they minded if I reviewed it and they kindly agreed. (Make sure you keep your eyes peeled because they offered me to review a upcoming product and possibly host a giveaway as well sometime soon.)
I picked the ‘Fairyrose Melange’ colour option (there is also ‘Grey Melange’ and ‘French Navy Melange’). I love the colour I chose, it really is a lovely shade of pink. Actually all of the colours that Merino Kids use are gorgeous.
The merino is just so soft and snuggly. I’m sure you probably know all the amazing properties of merino wool; but just in case you don’t here they are (as conveniently listed on the Merino Kids website):
- benefits from natural breathability
- keeps you warm in winter, yet cool in summer
- shrugs off stains and keeps it colour when washed
- benefits from natural anti-static and anti odour properties
- contains natural fire retardants
And while synthetic fibres are manufactured from non-renewable oil, Merino is an entirely renewable natural resource - it's not only soft against the skin but also gentle on the planet.”
For these reasons, combined with the fact that the Merino Kids items are so well made and designed means that they are perfect for keeping a baby toasty and warm. They have won three prestigious international design awards, for the Go Go Bag the Cocooi Babywrap and the Cocooi Sleepbag.
Here are some more observations I’ve made of this little hat and scarf set:
- The lovely superfine merino is completely non-itchy and it is seamless
- The little scarf is extremely versatile in that it fits both Pipi (at almost 4 months) and Isabelle (2.5 years) – and I just love the little threading loop which is cute but also helps it stay on
- With it’s cute little bag it would make a perfect gift.
… And Pipi’s verdict?
Thanks so much Merino Kids!