And as a result, you my dear readers, get a hap-hazard mix of craft, a bucket load of obligatory cute kids posts, as well as outfit posts and the occasional recipe or deep and meaningful rant thrown in for good measure. Sometimes I look at this mish mash and wonder what category I fit into - but only for a brief moment, as I then realise that my blog is probably a pretty good representation of me and the many things I like.
However, when it comes down to it, there are three things I enjoy most about this blogging world. (This is also confirmed by what I enjoyed the most when I first discovered the world of blogs and then Pinterest).
1) Finding resourceful ideas on how to save money, reduce waste and be creative all at the same time. - This blog is called 'Mend and Make New' after all. (For more of my thoughts on this read this and this.)
2) Sharing awesome links from all over the World Wide Web. (I consider myself more of a curator than a creator);
3) Interacting and forming friendships with my readers and other bloggers
And then an idea came to me on how I think I can achieve it all!!!
I plan to do a semi-regular feature - entitled 'Recycled Round- up' containing lots of great recycling/ upcycling and re-styling ideas with links that I have found for you (perhaps with a particular theme tying them altogether.) I hope to often have something I have made to share too, like this or this.) (but not this time.)
I am kicking 'Recycled Round-up' off by continuing with my Celebrate Winter theme, here goes:
1) How about a milk bottle igloo?
An ode to wintry coldness in itself, it also would provide endless hours of entertainment, in building, playing in and destructing - for both kiddies and adults alike on those rainy indoor days.
2) A felted kid's coat from an old adult sweater - just don't do what Rae did and melt the zip with the iron!
4) Many a little boy would love a pair of Mama made jammies from a thrifted sheet - how snuggly for Winter. An inspiring job done by my blog bud, Tammi.