Once again, I digressed from my original plan of making Isabelle more merino singlets/ tees and made her a little cropped cardi instead.
The white sweat shirting fabric, and floral lining are from the op shop and the tan polka dot fabric is a scrap left over from a quilt I made Noah.
The pattern is Burda Easy 9650, (with some minor alterations.)
It’s nice to be finished sewing and I this week I plan to hardly touch my machine at all – instead it’s going to be a week of mending, cleaning, sorting through fabric and folding and putting away piles of washing (as well as playing with my neglected kids of course!) I kind of have this unwritten rule that when I buy (or make) new things I need to make sure that I’m really looking after and use the stuff I’ve got.
As a recap of my first KCWC, if you asked me to sum up my makings this week, I would give you 2 words:
1. ‘destashing’ - I didn’t buy any new fabric for the challenge, and in fact much of the fabric I used was thrifted (pats self on back!) This ties in a bit with my unwritten rule above.
2. ‘knits’ – I really enjoyed sewing with a bit of knit fabric this week. It was a great way to break in my overlocker. If you, like me are pretty new to sewing with knits and a bit unsure, you should check out the KNITerviews at 'Made by Rae' – they contain some great hints for sewing with knits.
I’ve really enjoyed this challenge, but I’m not really looking forward to my next challenge – cleaning up my sewing area … it looks like a fabric grenade exploded!