We spent the weekend down in Otaki so we could go to Toby and Tash’s engagement party. We also managed to enjoy some other adventures while down there…
- “Driving” Thomas the Tank engine at the park with cousins.
- Visited the Levana Factory Shop in Levin and left with some gorgeous merino fabrics for a steal. (It was my first time there and I almost hyperventilated!)
- That night Andrew attended the Master Builder’s awards and a job he designed won a silver award; meanwhile I caught up with my sister and played dress-ups while the grandparents babysat. (More on the dress-ups in my next Wardrobe Wednesday post.)
- Checked out a potential wedding venue with a couple of lovebirds.
- We also found some other lovebirds while there – these 2 doves were released at a wedding a few years ago but have never left. (Do you think we could re-capture and re-release them? I think this would count as recycling.)
- In the afternoon we went to Toby and Tash’s engagement party, our reason for coming down (but somehow I didn’t take any photos while there!?!)
- Drove home that night.
- Father’s day breakfast before church. Card from here.
- Father’s day backyard picnic after church and we enjoyed a ‘Coke with Andrew.’ (Great marketing ploy Coca-Cola!)
- Still going as I type – Andrew is enjoying watching the cricket.
What did you get up to this weekend? How did you celebrate Father’s Day?